MINIMUM VOLUNTEERING DURATION.
The minimum Volunteering stays in Tanzania start from one month to a maximum of three months.
You will enter the country and purchase a business visa on arrival. The price for business visa is 250 USD (from USA and Ireland price is 300 USD). For the Volunteer who wants to stays in Tanzania more than three months will contact us for more information about Tanzanian resident permit.
Volunteers should contact us for the first time latest about 1 month before coming to Tanzania. Send us your CV and Letter of Motivation, both in English. Tellin short about yourself, about your studies/education, about your previous work experience on that field and also if you have done some previous Volunteer at the field. In the Letter of Motivation, you should also mention the dates and the length of the volunteering period.
You should prepare yourself for a culture perhaps very different from what you are used to. There are often power cuts and problems with the Internet. The practices at your workplace may also differ from the ones in western countries and things are not always done the way you may be used to. The best way to cope with the differences is to come with an open mind. When you respect local habits and customs you get into Tanzanian culture and lifestyle that you are coming to experience. For example, by dressing properly (knees and shoulders covered) you show how you respect local religions. Remember that you are coming to visit and learn about local culture and life.
When you come with an open mind, when you ask when you wonder and when you look around you will get an unforgettable experience from Tanzania and from Tanzanian culture.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM FEES
At BTVCL we offer very affordable programs fees with high-quality services and level of transparency to all our volunteers and items. The program fees cover the cost of decent homestay accommodation, meals, airport pick-up orientation and in-country program support during your entire volunteer stay. Our program fees are determined according to the length of the stay.
PROGRAM FEES AND DURATION: VOLUNTER PROJECTS
|1 week||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||5 weeks||6 weeks||7 weeks||8 weeks||9 weeks||10 weeks||11 weeks||12 weeks|
|USD 196||$ 392||$ 588||$ 784||$ 980||$ 1,176||$ 1,372||$ 1,568||$ 1,485||$ 1,650||$ 1,815||$ 1,980|
|13 weeks||14 weeks||15 weeks||16 weeks||17 weeks||18 weeks||19 weeks||20 weeks||21 weeks||22 week||23 week||24 week|
|$ 2,548||$ 2,097||$ 2,940||$ 3,136||$ 3,332||$ 3,528||$ 3,724||$ 3,920||$ 3,465||$ 3,630||$ 3,795||$ 3,960|
PROGRAM FEE INCLUDES:
• Volunteer pre -¬arrival support and Tanzanian Immigration advice
• Orientation Paperwork and volunteers Contract Making
• To and fro Airport transportation (Two Days ie on the arriving date and departure date)
• 3 meals a day
• Every day Swahili language training and orientation about Mirerani town and Swahili culture
• A local pre-paid sim card for your use for the time you are in Tanzania as Volunteer. Make sure that your phone is Unlocked to be used with all kind of sim card.
• Daily one-way transportation to the placements
• 24/7 personal support and guidance from BLUETANZANITE-workers
• Free Internet in the house for the whole trip
At BTVCL Our primary goal is to cater to the needs and ensure the hospitable welfare of all volunteers. Program fee paid covers the listed above.
AIRPORT PICK UP /DROP OFF
Volunteers will meet with our program coordinator at Kilimanjaro airport (KIA) upon arrival after which you will be transferred to your host family at Mirerani after being picked up from airport
WHAT TO DO BEFORE TRAVELLING
- Get appropriate travel insurance
- Get malaria prophylaxis
- Get all the following vaccinations: A and B hepatitis, Yellow Fever, Cholera, Typhoid Fever and Tetanus.
- Make sure also that your MMR vaccination is still valid.
- Go through medical checkup to avoid any unpleasant surprises. You will get good medical health care in Tanzania during your trip if needed.
- Inform us about all your medications, chronic illnesses, sicknesses, allergies or other limitation or precautions. Make sure that all these are included in your filled form.
- Inform us about any special diets
THINGS TO TAKE WITH YOU
- Passport which is six months Valid before your arrival in Tanzania
- All your personal medication
- Insect repellent (can also be bought in Tanzania
- Stomach medicines for both diarrhoea and constipation
- Hat to protect you from the sun and also clothes with long sleeves and long trousers to protect against mosquitoes
- Take a mobile phone with you. Make sure your mobile phone is unlocked to be used with any sim card
- AC power plugs and sockets used in Tanzania are British type G, BS 1363 and the voltage is 220240 volts. If your electric devices don’t fit this kind of plugs you will need to take an adapter with you.
THINGS YOU DON’T NEED TO BRING
- All the most common medicines e.g painkillers, plasters etc. are available for purchase in Tanzania
- Products such as shampoos, lotions, toothpaste, laundry powder can also be bought in Tanzania
- Bed sheets, mosquito nets and towels are included in all the room
- Bluetanzanite Volunteering form